Education Code 48900(r) states that students are under school jurisdiction and shall be held accountable for following school rules while at school and school-sponsored activities and while going to and returning from school and school-sponsored activities.
Students are required to wear clothes that are neat in appearance and appropriate for school. Attire should protect the health and safety of students and must not interfere with or distract from the educational process. Students improperly dressed will be sent to the office and parents will be contacted to bring a change of clothing. Please study carefully and refer often to the uniform guidelines listed in the student planner. Click here for uniform policy UniformPolicy Eng & Spn OK
– Attire must not refer (in pictures or words) to the promotion of violence, sex, drugs, alcohol, gangs, or profanity.
– No type of covering may be worn on the head, including sweatshirt hoods.
– Shoes must be worn at all times.
– Half-shirts, crop-tops, and low necklines are not appropriate. Shirts must be tucked in. Undergarments are to be covered. Shorts and skirts must be an appropriate length for school (no shorter than extended fingertips when arm is at side).
– Pants must be worn at the waist and with a belt.
– PE clothes may not be worn under regular clothes/uniform.
– The wearing, use, possession, display, or presence of any apparel, jewelry, symbol, accessory, notebook, or style of grooming that is recognized as affiliation with a gang is prohibited.
Each student receives an ID card. This card is required identification for students while on campus and must be presented upon request to any staff member, and at school functions such as dances or field trips. If an ID card is lost, it must be replaced. There is a fee for replacement. Replacement ID cards may be purchased at the ASB store.
We are a closed campus. Students are to remain on campus for the entire school day. If a student has a valid reason to leave campus, he/she must present a note to the attendance office to obtain an off-campus permit. In case of illness, the permit will be issued through the nurse’s office. The nurse, not the student, is to contact parent. Students without a current emergency card will not be released. Students will be released only to adults whose name appears on the emergency card.
Notes for off-campus permits must be presented to the office before school. A call slip will be sent for the student at the designated time. When returning to school, students must check in at the office.
A student who leaves campus without authorization from the nurse, attendance office, or administrator will be considered truant.
Students are not to bring to school items which are not related to instruction. Prohibited items will be confiscated and returned only to parents. Items kept over 15 days may be discarded. School personnel will not be held liable for prohibited items that have been confiscated. Here are a few examples of prohibited items:
-explosives of any kind, including fireworks, matches and lighters
-alcohol, tobacco, drugs and anything related to their use
-obscene or pornographic materials
-anything used for gambling, such as playing cards; trading cards
-“slam” books, photograph collections, toys, stuffed animals, balloons, laser pointers, video games, marking pens, spray paint, or any item not needed for a class
– knives, weapons, and shooting devices and any replica of one, including guns, darts, slingshots, etc.