Welcome to Castle Park Middle 2016/17 school year! As we begin the school year it is with great pride and enthusiasm that I share with you some of our plans to continue to provide your student with the best educational foundation and opportunities.
We will continue our focus on career readiness and college going culture:
- We will have our annual college and career conference Second Semester, inviting professionals throughout the community to visit our campus and speak with our students.
- Continue with an emphasis on Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math (S.T.E.A.M.) throughout our curriculum.
- We have added Project Lead the Way classes where our students will be able to explore careers in Design and Modeling, Introduction to Computer Science and Medical Detectives.
- We will continue to grow our after school enrichment programs, offering a wider variety of special interest opportunities, clubs and sports.
- Partner with community businesses to provide career mentorship opportunities.
These are only a few of the many exciting programs, events and partnerships we have planned for the 2016/17 School Year. Thus, it is really important that I emphasize the actual school days we have with your student. We have exactly 180 academic school days and there are so many things to cover and discover with your student in a short period of time. In July we have only 8 days, in August only 23 days and September only 11 days before we are on fall break. This is why attendance is so important to us. To fully benefit and reap the rewards of a quality education our students need to be in class every day, on time and fully participating in their classes and ready to learn each day.
In this package you will find information on school policy, important dates, various programs, and important forms that need to be completed. Please review the attached information and complete and return the required forms to school with your student on July 29th. They will be collected during their 1st period. The classes who have returned all forms completed will be recognized and rewarded. The iPad contract is the only form due on July 21st. The forms that need to be completed, signed and returned are:
- School/Family Compact for Learning
- iPad contracts
- Academic Support Student/Parent Contract
- Attendance Policy
- SBCS/Promise Neighborhood Consent Agreement
- Lunch Application
- General Release for the Before School/After School Program
- Emergency Cards (White & Yellow)
I look forward to meeting with you and ask that you please mark your calendar to attend two important family events in August. The Welcome Back and Student Recognition Assembly during the school day on Thursday, August 4th and our Back-to-School Night on Thursday, August 11th.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at (619) 498-6000.