Dear Students, Parents, Guardians, and all members of the Castle Park Middle School Community!
It is with GREAT pride and enthusiasm that I welcome you and your son/daughter to the 2020-2021 school year. My name is Bill Walsh and I am the principal of the BEST middle school in the Sweetwater district, Castle Park Middle School! I have just completed my second year as principal and am very proud of our students, staff, and community for the way that each has handled the challenges of learning during the COVID-19 pandemic. Not only did we survive, we excelled! I am proud of our success and innovation and I will continue to work to ensure that Castle Park Middle School is the very best option for students who want to succeed in preparing for a promising future!
Our teachers and staff are AMAZING and I can assure you that your child will be taught by one of the most talented groups of professionals that I have ever worked with! Teachers now have the expertise of teaching online courses through distance learning and have worked to make lessons creative and engaging for each student. I will thank you all now for helping us make this a great year for your child.
We will continue our focus on career readiness and college going culture:
- We will prepare your child with a WORLD CLASS middle school experience that will adequately prepare them for high school and motivate them to think about careers after high school and college,
- We will maintain high expectations of academic and social success for your child, and we will help them meet and exceed those expectations,
- We will have our annual college and career conference during the second semester, and invite professionals throughout the community to visit us on campus or virtually, and speak with our students about how to prepare for successful careers..
- Continue to explore Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math (S.T.E.A.M.) and Innovation and Design throughout our curriculum.
- We will continue to grow our after-school enrichment programs, offering a wider variety of special interest opportunities, clubs, and sports as will be allowed by County and State officials.
These are only a few of the many exciting plans that we have planned for the 2020-2021 school year. Thus, it is very important to know the actual school days we have with your child. We have exactly 180 academic school days and there are so many things to cover and discover with your student in a short period of time. This is why attendance is so important to us. To fully benefit and reap the rewards of a quality education our students need to check in with teachers every day, and when the time is announced, be in class every scheduled class each day, on time and fully participating.
Thank you! Please look over this website for pertinent information for parents and students. I look forward to meeting you! My cell phone number is (619)300-0424 if you have any questions. Or, if you would like to make an appointment to meet with me, please call us at (619) 498-6000. Thank you!
Bill Walsh, Principal